The Long Shadows of Brightstone
Once a simple paladin, now the avatar of his god. Brother Michael is on a crusade to destroy the people of Malinaris-teth and the denizens of Brightstone.
- Born in the port city of Nayzeth. Michael was raised in the temple of Heironeous as an orphan. He quickly excelled through a squire program and became an official Knight of Heironeous.
- The Nayzeth Temple, over the course of a few years, was having some severely troubling times. Warriors of Hextor were apparently on the rise, their attacks were becoming increasingly frequent. Michaels temple were seeing fatalities almost weekly. Reports of smaller satellite temples getting wiped out were common. Brother Michael remained vigilent, he initiated an intense investigation on the temple attacks and all signs pointed to Brightstone Keep.
- War time. Brother Michael assembled a strike force, the temple's best Clerics and Paladins and sent them to investigate and destroy any and all opposition found at Brightstone. He never saw any of them again. Word came back, all the bodies were found. Further investigation pointed to a local Hextor sect, not Brightstone. (Isidro and Sylvanoran are to thank for that. They saw the incoming assault force and wiped them out, leaving evidence behind showing that Hextor was to blame).
- Brother Michael sat in his Temple. Alone… Until one day, word of mysterious goings-on were happening within a local allied temple. When Michael discovered that the entire temple had been executed and infiltrated by an unknown race of darkness, he gritted his teeth and dove in head first. His rage escalated to an unfathomable level when he discovered that the Riders of Brightstone were in league with the evil race! (That being michaels perception, the RoB were there to investigate, but were in no way allied with the Malinari).
- Michael engaged the Riders of Brightstone, and bellowed out a prayer to his god. He came to an abrupt and bloody halt at the hands of Isidro the Assassin. Bleeding to death, Michael felt defeated. Forsaken. Forgotten. The light faded fast… He suddenly found his breath and was pulled back away from the light. Michael spit and cursed… They magically healed him, probably only to torture him more. But instead they left him, barely alive on the cold stone temple floor.
- There was nothing left for him. As he lay there, nearly bleeding to death, he had already died inside. All was gone. His pride has been brutally murdered several times over. At the moment of his last exhale, he found his faith again and reached out to warmingly embrace the light. Heironeous himself was there to greet him. No words. No exchange. Other than a gentle outreach of a gods hand to rest on Michaels head. Brother Michael closed his eyes, ready to accept his fate. Blinding brilliant divine power exploded within him. His soul flame burned with the brightness of a thousand paladins.
- Brother Michael: Avatar of Heironeous was born. The god's last attempt to regain it's footing on a dying religion. Michael, now with the command of a choir of Angels, has his sites set on Malinus-teth and the Riders of Brightstone. It's all out war. Nothing can shatter his ambition, nothing can stand in his way.