The Long Shadows of Brightstone
A Malinari leader chosen to retrieve fragments of his world that accidentally crash landed on Xhefaria.
- Malinus-teth, a moon made of negative energy crystal that survived cloaked and hidden from the world of Xhefaria through all of time.
- Vactus, a cleric of his god Tethantalus, was tasked several years ago to investigate possible threats to their world. His mission was to travel to Xhefaria and make sure the secret of his homeworld remains a secret. What he found disturbed him… and it terrified the high priests of Tethantalus.
- Vactus found clues, mostly myth, of an item that held the complete opposite magical charge as his world did. A possible means to negate the power of his people. It was mostly myth, he thought. The priests, out of self preservation, pushed him to find out the truth this possible threat. Vactus spent years in the shadows of Xhefaria looking for answers.
- What he found was a ranger. A ranger who was tasked to be the keeper and watchman of a small cove. This cove emitted such a powerful surge of positive energy it killed three of Vactus' men just by entering. Vactus, repelled by the energy, fled away to observe the location longer before approaching the ranger. If this ranger could harness the energies of the cove, he would inevitably be destroyed.
- Vactus followed this ranger, for a several days. One night, the ranger left the tavern of a local town and made his way back to the cove. Vactus followed closely behind. He and the ranger were alone. Finally, when the ranger noticed he was followed, combat began. Vactus was put on his heels at first, the ranger was very skilled. It wasn't long before Vactus overpowered the ranger, he was at the Malinari's mercy.
- Vactus did all that he could to get answers from the ranger. Nothing worked. He knew he had to harness the dark engergies of his god to get what he needed… The ranger died quickly. Painlessly. The Tethantalus cleric prepared a powerful ritual, one has never had to use.
- Vactus' magic bound the rangers soul to the cleric. He had complete command over it. Vactus forced the rangers soul to divulge all information on the cove that it had ever experienced. The soul remained still and quiet. "Impossible!" thought Vactus, this was his strongest magic and there is no way the ranger could resist the dark power being channeled from his god. He screamed commands at the ranger. Nothing seemed to work.
- Suddenly the energy emanating from the cove peaked and knocked Vactus onto his back. His control on the ranger was lost! Shaken and confused, Vactus got back to his feet. The soul approached him. As it neared, it began to fade as Ehlonna, the true keeper of the soul, reclaimed him. Before the Ranger's soul vanished completely it uttered "My name is Flint Titaen. You don't belong here. I have a son… if you return here… He will end you."